YGLN Call for Applications 2020
Up to ten individuals will be selected by the senior management team of the European Leadership Network and the executive committee of the YGLN.
The YGLN is looking for new members from across the Euro-Atlantic area, who have a strong interest in joining a platform for dialogue on various challenges affecting the region, including (but not limited to): the future of democratic structures and processes; strengthening of institutions and the rule of law; conventional and nuclear arms control; emerging technologies; regional challenges and dynamics; West-Russia relations, climate change and economies; disinformation and freedom of the press etc.
Once invited to the YGLN, successful candidates will be assigned to one of the four YGLN working groups on Security, Economics, Civil Society and Rule of Law. Members will have the opportunity to stay in the Network until they turn 40 or enter a mid-career position
The network gives successful applicants the opportunity to:
- connect with their counterparts from across Europe and North America; joining a community of emerging leaders from various cultural and professional backgrounds, including security and public policy, academia, journalism, business, the legal sector, civil society
- network with experienced acting and former leaders of the ELN senior network
- participate in YGLN meetings, including annual gatherings and smaller bespoke roundtables with renowned experts speakers; exchanging views and testing new ideas
- be a part of more YGLN activities (optional) such as writing commentaries for the ELN website and contributing to the YGLN podcast
How do you become a YGLN member?
We welcome applications from candidates who fit the following criteria:
- aged between 25 and 37 (in exceptional cases we accept applications from individuals who are slightly under or above this age bracket)
- graduates and young professionals from one of the following areas: civil society, academia, security & defence, public policy, journalism & media, business or the legal sector, showing a strong interest in, and knowledge of, the Euro-Atlantic region, transatlantic and/or West-Russia relations
- resident OR citizen of a country within the Euro-Atlantic region (i.e. wider Europe including Russia and Turkey; the US and Canada)
- fluent in English (both written and spoken) for successful interaction with your YGLN colleagues and members of the ELN senior network
- above all, it is important for us that candidates demonstrate that they are willing and capable to actively engage in the network and that they possess the skills that are needed for becoming a future leader, such as being exceptionally talented in their area of interest, showing a strong commitment to making the world a better place, and an ability to connect with young leaders and senior figures from different backgrounds.
Please fill in the application form and submit your CV.
The call for applications* will remain open until Friday, 6 November.
*All of the information collected in this form is necessary and relevant to the performance of the membership you applied for. We will use the information provided by you on this form for recruitment purposes only. The Company will treat all personal information with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation. We rely on the lawful basis of Legitimate Interests to process the information provided by you in this form.
Should you be successful in your application, the information provided, and further information which will be gathered at the relevant time, will be subsequently used for the administration of your membership and in relation to any legal challenge which may be made regarding our recruitment practices. For more information on how we use the data you have provided, please see our privacy notice.