Alongside our networks we develop better recommendations for mutual security in Europe, rooted in deep practical experience of governmental decision making. Through them we can publicly and privately sway security policy thinking and decisions in the Euro-Atlantic area. The ELN’s inherently networked approach results in uniquely practical policy recommendations and a unique influence to push for their implementation.
Our largest, senior network is the European Leadership Network itself, a growing number of heavyweight public figures from right across Europe who bring to bear long experience of security and foreign policy decision making and a commitment to better security for the European continent. They are complemented by other networks that we develop, belong to, support or work with. These include:
- our sister networks – the Asia-Pacific Leadership Network and the Latin America Leadership Network;
- the Task Force on Cooperation in Greater Europe in which we partner with the Russian International Affairs Council, the Global Relations Forum and the Polish Institute of International Affairs;
- the Younger Generation Leaders Network and other work we do with emerging leaders;
- the Top Level Group of senior British parliamentarians for whom we are the secretariat;
- the University Consortium of US, UK, German and Russian universities which we work with and support;
- The EU Non-Proliferation Consortium of which we are a member.
Networks are how we work. They give us the insight, access and leverage to make a real difference.